We are committed to providing personalized, timely, expert and compassionate care to our patients.
Marwan A. Balaa, MD
Welcome to GutCare.com, the website for the practice of Marwan A. Balaa, MD, Board Certified Gastroenterologist, and Fellow of the American College of Gastroenterology. Dr. Balaa has been in practice in San Jose CA since 1990 and serving patients since 1984.
Through GutCare.com, we aim to facilitate patient registration and provide instructions and links to help educate our patients about disorders of the digestive system. Additionally, Gutcare.com provides patients a secure access to their medical records through a Patient Portal.
Dr. Balaa specializes in the following conditions of the digestive system. He is also a frequent lecturer on these topics:
- Early detection of colon cancer through colonoscopy, performing over 1,000 colonoscopies a year.
- The diagnosis and management of inflammatory bowel diseases, ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
- The diagnosis and management of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- The management of gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- The HALO procedure to manage Barrett's esophagus, a precancerous condition of the esophagus, and to help prevent esophageal cancer.
To Our Patients:
Please fill the forms located under the link New Patients Forms, and submit them safely online using our SSL secured server. You may also print the forms and fill them legibly and either fax them (408)402-0330 or mail them to us ahead of your appointment. Using the online form is the most secure mode of transmission - all information is secure and encrypted.
Marwan A. Balaa, MD
2520 Samaritan Drive Suite 201
San Jose, CA 95124
Had a procedure already? Please fill our Patient Satisfaction Survey:
Submit online or download the pdf, fill-out then fax it or email it back.
We accept most insurance plans. We are currently welcoming new patients to our Practice! Please call our office at (408) 402-9990 to ensure that we are on the list of providers for your health plan.